Artec Studio 220.127.116.11 (10.04.2023)
- Artec Studio crashes in Multi-capture mode if there is nothing in Artec Spider's filed of view
- Artec Studio crashes when moving a group of scans
Artec Studio 18.104.22.168 (16.01.2023)
- Updated Artec Ray SDK
- RTX 40x0 series support
- Fixed Datum Align with planes
Artec Studio 22.214.171.124 (03.10.2022)
Artec Metrology Kit plug-in
It is possible to create reference target clouds (.obc) right in Artec Studio and use it as a means of accumulated error reduction when scanning large objects for maximum accuracy.
The plug-in can be accessed through a button on the Feature's panel as well as through the File menu. The buttons are only seen by users who have the corresponding license attached to their accounts.
Reference Cloud to ControlX export
Direct export of the freshly generated reference clouds to ControlX for further inspections
Export to SOLIDWORKS through API
Tolerancing in Linear Measurements and Distance maps
A new addition to the existing Distance map functionality that allows to set of a particular tolerance number and assessing the deviation of each individual selected point against this number. On top of that, it is possible to see which parts of the mesh are within and outside of the specified tolerance.
When tolerance is specified, each label we create will be marked with one of the 3 colors depending on the correspondence of the given deviation to the tolerance number:
- Red - outside tolerance
- Green - within tolerance
- Yellow - very close to the tolerance number (1-5% diff)
Preview of the Boolean operations
The preliminary result of a boolean operation can be shown before calculating the result
Assemblies are supported by the Boolean operations
Possibility to download freshly uploaded cloud projects without the need to wait until the conversion is finished
Re-calculation of the 3D Compare map
It is possible to specify different Search distance values in the distance map menu - 3D Compare Map will be automatically recalculated
'Flip' button for sections
You can quickly flip the selected area and calculate the other part of the model
Moving through the list of pictures with the keyboard buttons (photo texturing)
Change brightness and gamma correction settings for Eva and Leo scans (photo texturing)
Different cursor during object selection in Construct/Edit
Progress bar for the hole-filling operations
Progress bar for the Boolean operations
"Inspect in Control X" on Windows 11 does not work both in Artec Studio 16 / Artec Studio 17
Artec Studio 17 crashes during Hole Filling
Performance issues for texture registration
Artec Studio freezes on Leo file import in case of insufficient disk space
Autopilot is crashing on AutoAlign
Artec Spider cannot be calibrated in Diagnostic Tool
Artec Studio 126.96.36.199 (21.07.2022) click to expand
- The Hole-Filling Algorithm does not work if holes share a vertex
- Slow import from Artec Leo via WiFi
- Frequent "Tracking lost" messages when scanning with Artec Eva and Artec Spider
- Exported . csv / xml files do not contains any information about volume measurement values
- Scans shown "Non Registered" when you register locked scans (Collective)
- Import .leo projects form SD card without HD data does not work
Artec Studio 188.8.131.52 (27.06.2022) click to expand
- Artec Studio 17 crashes after Fusion if the scans are in a group.
- Artec Studio 17 crashes during HD reconstruction if Leo RAW data is in the group.
- "Not enough space" while importing a scan from Artec Leo in Artec Studio 17 Trial version
- The import from Artec Leo fails or hangs if you disconnect the scanner after "Converting data. You can disconnect scanner now"
- HD reconstruction fails for Artec Leo data on some GPUs
- Invalid mesh dimension after import
- Slow import from Artec Leo via WiFi
- The Hole-Filling Algorithm does not work if holes share a vertex
- Frequent "Tracking lost" messages when scanning with Artec Eva and Artec Spider. Workaround is here
Artec Studio 184.108.40.206 (9.06.2022) ) click to expand
- Free primitives creation
Ability to create a primitive CAD shape with specific dimensions in any point of the mesh, quickly resize and move it around.
It is now possible to create, modify and reposition a primitive CAD shape (even when it cannot be fit directly in the corresponding part of the mesh) for further modification of the model through the use of boolean operations.
A new feature that offers a one-button solution for mesh-to-CAD transformations. The feature will have 2 settings: number of Patches and Allow-T-Nodes (this setting changes the form of the patches). The default number of patches will be automatically adjusted to the selected model and depend on the number of polygons. Autosurface transforms the entire model into a CAD surface unless a particular region of the mesh is preselected – in which case, Autosurface will be performed for the selected region exclusively.
You will now be able to turn organic shapes into CAD to facilitate reverse engineering of combined geometries. It is also a great way to make a referential CAD surface out of a complex mesh, so that it is functional in a 3rd party software.
- Boolean operations
We can now create Unifications, Subtractions, and Intersections between meshes and CAD entities, meaning that the full set of basic Boolean functions is now available in Artec Studio.
Artec Studio becomes an instrument that not only generates 3D forms through 3D scanning, but also creates complicated shapes through combining meshes, primitives, and CAD models.
Unification adds the volume of the first model to the volume of the second, forming a unified combination of the two.
Subtraction creates a new model that is represented by the shape of one of the models with the volume of the second model deducted from it.
Intersection defines a new object based on the common volume of the selected models.
When using any of the operations we can opt to modify the existing model or create the new one with all the original source models kept as is.
- A scanned object with a hole at the top area that was not scanned through.
- You should fit a cylindrical primitive there and perform a boolean subtraction based on the shape of the primitive.
Other applications: create molds, create intricate shapes, shape the mesh based on CAD designs, etc.
- Split by plane feature
Another addition that can be formally attributed to the Boolean operations group. It allows you to split meshes with a pre-fitted plane. As a result of the operation, you will get 2 segments of the mesh that are separate objects in the workspace. The area of contact of the two parts is sealed off for both of the segments.
This feature allows you to split meshes very quickly and effectively. It will be specifically useful for additive manufacturing professionals that need to be able to precisely break down an item into manageable chunks for further 3D printing.
- Improved Segment Brush
An enhanced version of the most frequently used selection tool in Construct - Fit.
Now, it allows you to change the size of the selected region dynamically through the Sensitivity slider.
- Improved constraints functionality
Сonstraints are saved properly so you can change the existing constraints as well as base the new ones on the previously imposed constraints. Moreover, now you can view, modify and create constraints even outside of the Construct tab. For example, if you need to double check the respective position of 2 primitives when doing measurements – just turn them on quickly through the View tab in the top bar or the Shift+C shortcut.
- Improved Freeform surfaces
Now the freeforms that you create are smoother and fit the selected part of the mesh more tightly, meaning that you can expect less deviation even in the tricky areas or surfaces with holes.
Quality Inspection features
- Datum AlignmentA new way to align Mesh+CAD pairs. It is now possible to align meshes to CAD models, by specifying a set of key geometric features.
Upon choosing your Datums you will see how the respective position of the models changes after every selected feature. It is important to note that the order of selection matters: for the first datum the algorithm creates almost perfect matching with either non-existant or negligible deviation.
For the second Datum, models will be aligned as precisely as the first constraint allows.
For the third – it will consider both previous constraints and do its best job aligning the models taking into account the limitations imposed by the first two datums.
Distance map functionality directly into the Datum Alignment menu. You can choose a proper search distance and Calculate the map just like you always do in AS. If you opt to save the Distance map, you can then find it in the Measurement tab.
Target clouds-related improvements (.obc) - the introduced changes add a new layer of flexibility to target-related workflows. It is possible to see the distribution of error deviation across the whole set of the reference features, and manually control the quality of registration by Targets, which will in turn, reduce errors.
New Item in the workspace - Target Cloud
New Workspace panel - Features
After Global Registration (GR) with Targets, it is possible to evaluate deviation of every particular target and exclude bad ones from further GR.
- It is possible to generate a Target cloud from a set of selected targets on the scans, and measure distances between particular targets.
Photo Texturing feature
Photo Texturing algorithm improvements:
- All the pictures are sorted by focal distance, camera type and resolution. If there are different photo sets from different cameras or the same camera but with different exposition settings they will be put into separate datasets in the workspace. It is possible to register them sequentially or use all photosets
- It is possible to assess registration quality of each individual picture after the registration and see the entire list of pictures in the dataset.
- Failed photos are marked with red
- New viewing mode for the registered pictures (that allows to spot both inadequately registered pictures and very subtle misalignments. Double clicking on a registered picture you transition into the new superimposition viewing mode where you can see the exact overlap of the selected picture and the mesh.
- It is possible to copy/ paste/ remove any photo from the photo set.
Other Features and Improvements:
- Artec Studio to Artec Cloud export
A quick way of sharing a Fusion.Now it is possible to share the acquired meshes, generate shareable links, and automatically create Artec Cloud accounts that are free to use. It takes a few moments to convert the mesh on the AC side and then the model is available for anybody with the link that you can send out to as many people as you want. Remarkably, one doesn’t need an AC account to be able to see the shared model.
- Exclude erroneous frames
The new setting is essentially a way to filter out all the frames with Max Error numbers. There’s no need to Move badly registered frames into a separate scan or erase them - by specifying the threshold parameter - Fusion will be created with only the best frames in the scans.
- Restoration of the crashed projects
A new method of project restoration after Artec Studio closes unexpectedly. If Artec Studio crashes during working on a project, then upon next start of the software, it will prompt to restore the crashed project. It is specifically useful when the project is not saved in a particular situation and the project is stored in the default Temp location.
- Object selection
A new Eraser selection mode that enables instant hassle-free selection of separate areas of the model. Supports users to save time on removal of the separated parts of the mesh.
- Detachable workspace panels
Each panel can be detached from the workspace and put virtually anywhere in the 3D window. We can hide the workspace afterwards and take full advantage of each and every inch of your screen.
- New Camera mode
A new camera mode was added into AS and made it the default setting so that our users’ experience across different software packages is more or less the same. However, we realize that there are a lot of our customers who got used to the old way of rotation and decided to add a switch in the View menu that turns on and off the new camera mode. So if you don’t like your new camera experience feel free to switch it back to the good old AS camera rotation setting.
- Automatic HD reconstruction test
A very quick benchmark test was added to Artec Studio 17 that checks GPU type, the driver version and adapts the internal settings in a way that reconstruction happens with the best speed possible.
It is possible to skip the test, but we recommend taking it once the suggestion pops up. The GPU test offer will appear every time a GPU is changed or adapter drivers are updated. Also it is possible to run this test from the performance tab of the Settings menu.
- Artec Leo: Import multiple projects
It is possible to import several datasets into one Artec Studio project. The datasets that you select will be consequently imported without reconnectoin to the scanner numerous times.
- Improved holefilling
Fix Holes tab - A new improved holefilling algorithm . It enables creation of smooth patches, works faster and is more reliable. There are 2 holefilling options: Smooth (for complicated holes) and Flat (for simple and flat holes).
- Faster NNR reconstruction for Leo
HD frames are reconstructed 1.5x faster when working with data captured with Leo. The quality of reconstruction was improved as well, so you may notice reasonably sharper edges on your Leo fusions.
- Network drives are supported as project's storage
- Artec Studio 17 crashes on Windows 11 if the project is located in the folder synchronized with OneDrive. Please apply the solution.
- Lock feature does not work in Transformation Tool
- The registration on Geometry+Texture takes longer than the registration on Geometry only
- Artec Studio 17 crashes after Fusion if the scans are in a group. Workaround is here
- Artec Studio 17 crashes during HD reconstruction if Leo RAW data is in the group. Workaround is here
- Eraser tool does not work on the machines with only one Intel GPU. Workaround is here.
In case you experience any issues with your Artec 3D scanner or require technical assistance with your device or Artec Studio, in the first instance please contact your local Artec dealer/distributor directly. You can also contact the Artec Support Team by clicking on "Submit a request" button on the bottom right part of the screen or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org