Artec Studio 13 are affected by the Windows 10, version 2004 Update, exhibiting strange behaviour after this update is installed. When attempting to Open, Save, Import, or Export scans and/or meshes, Artec Studio closes without warning and without a crash report.
The issue is caused by a 3rd party library (tbbmalloc.dll) which is used in Artec Studio 13.
In order to resolve the issue, please follow the steps outlined below:
1) Make sure that Artec Studio is closed.
2) download DLLs.zip and unpack the files contained within:
3) Navigate to the folder C:\Program Files\Artec\Artec Studio XX , and rename the original files in this folder as described:
tbbmalloc_proxy.dll -> tbbmalloc_proxy.dll_old
tbbmalloc.dll -> tbbmalloc.dll_old
4) Next, place the new dll files (from the archive that you unpacked in step 1) into this same folder C:\Program Files\Artec\Artec Studio XX.
5) restart Artec Studio 13. The issue should now be resolved.
In case you experience any issues with your Artec 3D scanner or require technical assistance with your device or Artec Studio, in the first instance please contact your local Artec dealer/distributor directly. You can also contact the Artec Support Team by clicking on the the "Submit a request" button at the bottom right of the page, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.