Artec Leo and Artec Ray I/ Artec Ray II scanners come equipped with commercial-grade Lithium-ion batteries for mobile use.
(!) The batteries for Artec Leo and Artec Ray I scanners are not identical and are therefore not interchangeable. Each battery should only be used with the respective scanner it was designed for.
Usage and charging
- Artec Leo battery is rated at 98 Wh.
- a fully charged battery is expected to power the Leo scanner for up to 4 hours, depending on the intensity of use.
- Leo batteries can be recharged while inside the scanner (by plugging in the included power supply), or by using a separate external battery charger (available as an optional accessory).
- recharging the battery inside the scanner takes about 3 hours if the scanner is idle (no scanning is being performed while charging), and up to 7 hours if scanning is performed during the recharging process.
- recharging the battery with the optional external charger is faster and takes less than 3 hours for a complete charge (0 to 100%). The charger is equipped with two charging bays, which enables two Leo batteries to be recharged simultaneously. It also features a battery recalibration feature, which can be used for refreshing and reviving old batteries.
- the optional external Leo battery charger can be used to recharge and recalibrate Artec Ray I batteries as well.
Artec Leo Battery performance:
|Temperature Control ON
|Temperature Control OFF
|Artec Leo previous model
|~ 3h 30m
|~ 3h 30m
|~8 h 30 m
|Artec Leo 2022
|~ 3h 30m
|~ 3h 30m
|~ 7 h 30 m
Artec Ray I
- Artec Ray I battery is rated at 45 Wh.
- a fully charged Artec Ray I battery is expected to power the Artec Ray I scanner for up to 2 hours, depending on the intensity of use.
- Artec Ray I batteries do not charge while inside the scanner. They must be recharged using the external battery charger supplied with the Artec Ray I.
- recharging the battery with the supplied charger takes about 2 hours. The charger has two charging bays, which allows both supplied batteries to be charged simultaneously.
- the supplied Artec Ray I charger can also be used to recharge Artec Leo batteries, but it lacks the battery recalibration feature of the optional Leo battery charger.
Artec Ray II
- Artec Ray II battery is rated at 62.16 Wh
- fully charged 2 Artec Ray II batteries are expected to power Artec Ray II scanner for up to ~2.5-4 hours, depending on the intensity of use.
- Artec Ray II batteries do not charge while inside the scanner. They must be recharged using the external battery charger supplied with the Artec Ray II. Please find the manual here.
- recharging 1-2 batteries with the supplied charger takes about 4 hours. The charger has four charging bays, which allows all supplied batteries to be charged simultaneously (will take 8 hours).
The lifespan of any lithium-ion-based batteries is mainly impacted by age (charge-discharge cycles), but correct storage conditions are also crucial in order to avoid premature degradation.
The batteries should never be stored in a discharged state. Doing so may lead to capacity degradation and even total failure. Ideally, all Artec batteries should be stored in a charged or at least semi-charged state (>60% charge), and recharged every few months even if not in use.
Please note that due to airline shipping regulations, all new batteries shipped via air are required to be charged to no more than ~30%. Make sure to charge your batteries upon receiving them, and don't forget to keep them charged during any prolonged storage period.
If a battery was stored in a discharged state or has aged due to extensive use, it might have a noticeably reduced capacity (runtime), or in some cases, may no longer recharge at all.
Reviving dead or old batteries can be attempted by using the external Leo battery charger (optional accessory). This charger is equipped with a special battery recalibration feature which can help restore the battery.
Recalibrating the batteries: In many cases, both Leo and Ray batteries can be recalibrated and restored, even if they are completely flat and do not recharge via the normal charging method.
Please note that if the battery is too severely degraded, the recalibration process will not succeed in reviving it.
Recalibrating Leo and Ray batteries is only possible with the optional Artec Leo battery charger.
The recalibration procedure with this device is as follows:
- insert the battery into one of the charging bays on the optional Artec Leo battery charger
- press the recalibrate button in front of the applicable charging bay
- Blue LED is flashing - recalibration is in progress
- Blue LED is solid - the battery has been recalibrated
Battery recalibration can take a lot of time. If the LED in front of the charging bay lights up in red, remove the battery from the charger for a few seconds, then place it back in. Attempt to recalibrate it anew by pushing the button in front of the charging bay.
In case multiple recalibration attempts repeatedly result in a red LED, the battery is most likely irrecoverable and will need to be replaced.
In case you experience any issues with your Artec 3D scanner or require technical assistance with your device or Artec Studio, in the first instance please contact your local Artec dealer/distributor directly. You can also contact the Artec Support Team by clicking on "Submit a request" button on the bottom right part of the screen or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org