July 17, 2018
The Puget systems team has recently tested Artec Studio 12 post-processing on their customized workstations, so let's have a look at the results, that they've shared with us.
For a better understanding of what hardware components exactly affect the post-processing speed, feel free to browse through this article.
Two configurations have been tested, the main difference between them was a model of the installed videocard:
- Windows 10 Pro
- Gigabyte X299 Designare motherboard
- Intel Core i9 7960X processor
- 64GB RAM, 4 x 16GB 2666MHz modules
- Samsung 960 Pro SSD
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB and GeForce GTX 1060 6GB video cards
Note: the NVIDIA driver version for both videocards, used in the test, was 391.35.
Software and its settings:
1. Artec Studio 12, version 12.1.1
2. A project of the compressor, captured with Artec Space Spider:
- 12 scans
- ~7 Gb of raw data in total
3. Algorithms parameters:
- global registration in "geometry and texture" mode
- sharp fusion with 0.3 resolution and "watertight" option
- small-object filter in "Leave biggest object” mode
- texture mapping with 8K texture size and in "For Export" mode
Since the video card influences the texture mapping algorithm greatly, so the difference in the video card models explains the difference in the calculation speed:
|The workstation with
GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB
|The workstation with
GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
|Global registration||37 sec|
|Sharp fusion||355 sec|
|Small object filter||4 sec|
|Texture mapping||1450 sec||2722 sec|
Overall, these Puget workstations showed really great performance, so if you're aiming to use one of such machines for post-processing of your Artec Studio projects, it'll be a great choice.
We're aiming to conduct the next series of post-processing tests with a much larger project - a whole motorbike, captured with Space Spider and Eva, so stay tuned! :)
We are here to help! If you have any questions or issues, please do not hesitate to contact our team by emailing email@example.com or by clicking on "Ask Support" button on the upper part of the screen. We will always be happy to assist you and will get back to you as soon as we can.