Some laptops use NVIDIA Optimus technology, which allows Windows to switch between Intel and NVIDIA graphics cards depending on the application.
Since we recommend NVIDIA for Artec Studio, we suggest setting your system to use an NVIDIA card by default when running Artec Studio.
Here is the sequence:
- Open Windows Control Panel.
- Navigate to NVIDIA Control Panel.
- Switch to "Manage 3D settings" section.
- Select "Program settings".
- Click "Add" and select the Artec Studio executable file (for example, C:\Program Files\Artec\Artec Studio 15 Professional\astudio.exe)
- Select "High performance NVIDIA processor".
- Save changes by clicking "Apply".
- Launch Artec Studio.
Another method is to right-click the Artec Studio icon on your desktop and select "Run with graphics processor", then select "High performance NVIDIA processor".
If you need more advanced troubleshooting, download the NVIDIA Optimus Tools which are available in ZIP format at the end of this article.
- NvGPUStateViewer64.exe shows the general state of your NVIDIA card (whther the NVIDIA GPU is switched on or off).
- NvOptimusTestViewer64.exe shows a list of the applications that are currently using the NVIDIA card. Launch it, then launch Artec Studio and ensure that the Artec Studio executable file appeared in the list.
We are here to help! If you have any questions or issues, please do not hesitate to contact our team by emailing email@example.com or by clicking on "Ask Support" button on the upper part of the screen. We will always be happy to assist you and will get back to you as soon as we can.