This article contains useful information about various accessories for the Artec Ray scanner: tripods, batteries, reference spheres, and targets.
- Stabilize the scanner, avoid vibrations and ensure a successful 3D scan
- Raise/lower the scanner up to a certain height to get a better scanning angle from above
- The Artec Ray II scanner must always be used in combination with a tripod. Placing the scanner on the floor, table, or any other object is not recommended under any circumstances.
- The tripod must be stable enough to hold 5.35kg (~11.7lbs) heavy 3D scanner without shaking or wobbling, and should suppress vibrations
Artec Ray II is delivered with a special adapter suitable to mount on a standard 5/8" thread survey tripod.
We have introduced steadfast 3D scanner tripods for quick & complete data capture:
- Travel Light Tripod
- Tripod Dolly to roll the scanner with no need for dismounting or adjustments.
The power supply is not a part of a standard delivery, can be purchased separately and for indoor useage only.
- Portability, wireless scanning
- Four (4) rechargeable batteries are included with the Artec Ray II scanner. Additional batteries can be purchased separately.
- Specifications: 11.1 V, 5.6 Ah, Li-Ion
- A pair of batteries can power the Artec Ray II for about ~2-2.5 hours of 3D-scanning
- When charging, 4 hours are required for a full charge for 1-2 batteries and 8 hours for 3-4 batteries.
- all 4 batteries can be charged simultaneously using the supplied Multicharger.
- Additional information about batteries is available in this article.
- Artec Ray II battery has IP54 (IEC 60529)- Dust protected Protection against splashing water from any direction
- Faster and more accurate registration
- Successfully scan and register objects that have insufficient geometrical features
- Quick and easy positioning
- Depending on the sphere type, can be used on a stand, magnetic base, or tripod
- Available in different diameters (145 mm, 200 mm, etc) for different scanning distances. Sphere diameter can be defined in Artec Studio.
Note: At least 5 spheres should be visible per scan / per each scanning angle. The same five spheres must be visible in the next scan, in order to be used as matching reference points for successful registration and alignment.
The reference targets will be supported in future versions of Artec Studio
Our team is here to help! If you have any questions or issues, please do not hesitate to contact us by emailing email@example.com or by clicking the "Submit a request" button at the bottom right of the screen. We will always be happy to assist you and will get back to you as soon as we can.